Thursday, July 8, 2010

Anne's Baptism

Annie with her Dad
Uncle Ben and Annie
Aunt Lynsey and Annie

On June 5 Annie was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was such a special day and while I know that Annie was a little nervous she hid it very well. Ben and I along with lots of other family members were able to share in her special day. Annie had called me way back in May and asked if I would speak at her baptism. I was a little nervous since I had never spoken at a baptism but more then happy to do it for Annie.


I wish I could say that I held it together and made it all the way through my talk without crying but that was not the case. When I looked into Annie's smiling face all I could see was this beautiful girl making such a good decision and the tears freely came streaming down my cheeks. I am so proud of Annie!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

THANK YOU for posting about this!!!! I wanted so badly to be there too, I am a lot jealous that you guys got to be there and not me. Oh well, I will get over it. Thanks again for sharing!

Chaney said...

I too want to say thank you (particularly for the last picture!). What a wonderful day it must have been!

Jim said...

Anne is and has always been a beautiful child. It's gratifying to know that she cares about spiritual things. Not surprising mind you, but gratifying.