Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let the countdown begin....

I can't believe it is that time of year again already, it feels like only yesterday I was doing last year's Christmas shopping. I love everything about this time of year the smells, the colors, the sounds, gathering with family, baking with my mom and celebrating the birth of our Savior. Joseph is at such a fun stage where he just can't wait to celebrate all the holidays. Well the day after Halloween he started asking me how many days till Christmas mom? I would answer and then twenty minutes later he would ask again, so the other day I thought that if we made a paper chain it would him to see how many days until Christmas. It has worked beautifully the past few days and every morning he takes a chain off and informs me that we are one more day closer to Santa coming. Bring on the magic of Christmas. :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, I bet Joseph is so excited!

James and Aimee said...

You are so smart! My kids would love to have a countdown chain. I love Joseph's smile!

DoBdoBdo said...

What a terrific and colorful idea, Lyns! You're such a clever Mom; Joseph is lucky ... and so is our family to have you!