Thursday, December 22, 2011

Go Fire!!!

So before the ground was covered with all this cold white stuff , Joseph played his first season of soccer and I coached his team. I am not quite sure what I was thinking seeing as how I had never coached only played and coaching little kids is very interesting. They all want the ball at the same time so you spend bunches of time just getting them to spread out, but once they do they are just so cute running all over the field.  Joseph's team was Fire and it was a great team to start with, because some kids had played before others were new and they helped each other out. My favorite part of the season is that the kids all wanted to play, they were happy and were just so excited to be on the field. With it being a local league we were told to not keep score, ya right the kids would keep score for me. I am proud to say that we went undefeated all season, not bad for a newbie coach. Joseph had so much fun and so did I that I think we will do it again.

My little soccer stud!!!

Hanging with teammates

Going after it!

Running down the field

Having a good time!

Making a game plan

Joseph, Coach aka Me and Parker

Joseph and Coach

3 comments:

Liz said...

This is absolutely fantastic! I'm so glad you guys did soccer this year and did it together, what great memories.

Johanna Humphries said...

You are so brave, Lynsey! I love the pictures...he really gets into the game. Looks like he really knows what he's doing. Must have a great coach!

Celeste said...

Good for you! I didn't even know you liked soccer. What a good mom/coach you are!