Sunday, November 27, 2011

Toothless Joe

On Friday the 18th while Joseph was at school he lost his first tooth. I was so happy and relieved when he got in the car and told me it had just fallen out while he was drinking from his water bottle. They sent him to the nurse's office and she gave him a little box to put his tooth in, he was showing it off to everyone. When he got home from school Grandpa and Nana were waiting for us and Joseph jumped out of the car and ran to show them his missing tooth. His tooth had been loose for quite some time but he wouldn't let any of us look at it because he was afraid we would just pull it and it would bleed. At times I was tempted to because he wouldn't eat certain foods since it hurt and he would avoid brushing that tooth, but in the end my patience was rewarded as was his. When we asked him how much he thought the tooth fairy should bring and he thought a million dollars was fair.

Showing off

Can you see my tooth behind the box???

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe he lost a tooth!! When did he get so big?! He is SO cute still, but getting more and more and more handsome! Yikes!

Blue III said...

I, too, am stymied by the change in Joseph - - - especially since we saw him in September! AMAZING. No more baby in this lil' squirt, but a sweet, growing little boy whom we love so much. You & Ben have been truly blessed.

... So I'm curious, how close to Joe's demands did the Tooth Fairy get? [I want to know where to send my teeth for reimbursement.] ;)

Liz said...

So how much did the Tooth Fairy leave behind?

Bianca said...

You should tell Joseph how valuable our teeth are. For this reason, kids like Joseph should take good care of their teeth while they're still young. BTW, he looks energetic in those pictures.

Bianca Jackson

Kevin Durant said...

Wow, what an exciting moment for Joseph! Losing your first tooth is always a special and memorable experience. I'm glad you were able to share it with Grandpa and Nana. Joseph's million-dollar expectation for the tooth fairy is just too cute. I hope she brings him a good amount to put under his pillow. Enjoy this special moment, it's all part of growing up.

-Kevin Durant