Friday, January 30, 2009

Life's Little Joys


I was watching my friend Jen's kids this afternoon and I got the chance to hold her new baby Merich. As we sat down in the rocking chair I was remebering how sweet it was when I used to do it with Joseph. Merich was a little fussy and I began to sing to him and he calmed right down and just stared at me. Now maybe it was the moment or the fact that I was holding a new baby boy, but all of a sudden I was flooded with memories. It was nice to be given a chance to remember some of the best days of my life.

It was funny as I sat there holding little Merich I was amazed once again by how small, precious, cute and fresh from heaven these sweet spirits are.

We are so lucky to be given such a huge and wonderful responsibility from our Heavenly Father. While Ben and I are waiting patiently for another sweet spirit to enter our home, we are so grateful for the opportunity we have to raise Joseph.

I know some days are hard, and we as moms find ourselves loved, frustrated, tired, sometimes mad, happy, overcome with joy, constantly working on paitience, and many others but we are so blessed.

It's goes by so very quickly I hope that we will all take the time to stop and enjoy those little moments when we have the chance.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

That was beautiful Lyns, I am glad you had that experience and that you are able to look on the bright side most of the time. I really hope that you and Ben will some day have another baby and you are always in my prayers. Love you guys

Chaney said...

Babies are amazing. It took us 5 years to get pregnant with Phillip, but thankfully we decided to be foster parents or we wouldn't have KatieJo and Samuel (which made waiting for Phillip a little bit easier!) I am so grateful to be a mom! There were times I never thought I would be and it's one of the greatest things I will ever do. Thank you for your post!

Autumn said...

I haven't had any babies yet, but I hope someday I will so I can fully appreciate everything you said. Maybe you and I will get lucky and get babies at the same time someday. I think it would be great fun for us.

I love you Lynsey and thanks so much to you and Ben for the birthday cd books!! They came and we are both really excited!!! THANK YOU!

Love,
Auty

Jim said...

You are wise to recognize how quickly it all goes by. As I've often said, being a young parent is the happiest part of life.

Uncle Jim

Honey said...

You are such a great mom, Lynsey. While you feel so lucky to have Joseph, he is so lucky to have YOU.