Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Why oh Why?

Why is it that when we as parents are doing something for our children if they don't think it should be done that way it becomes a WW III battle?

Earlier this evening I gave Joseph a haircut and a bath nothing new but for an hour all you could hear coming from my house were his screams. I kept reassuring him that he was fine and that this is something we have to do but all I got in return was crying and dirty looks.

In the end he forgave me and we went about the rest of the evening but I just wish he could truly understand that it is all out of love.

3 comments:

Autumn said...

I wish I could say I knew all the answers for you, but as one who as yet has not children all I can do is be here to wonder along with you and wish you a better day. Sometimes kids get a stubborn streak and there's just no budging them. Wait, that's how all humans are isn't it? Hang in there! I know you are doing your best, and I'm sure Joseph knows you love him no matter what or he wouldn't feel he could test your boundaries with such force...

Jim said...

Have you ever noticed that homely kids (of which there are very fe in this world) practically never misbehave? It's because they feel more expendable. Really cute kids like little Joseph are probably more tempted to test their parents, because they know how adorable they (usually) are.

Uncle Jim

James and Aimee said...

I love you Lyns, you are an awesome Mama. I hope today is a better day.