Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On your mark get set PARTY!!

 This year to celebrate Joseph's birthday we had a little party with a few of his friends. He wanted to have a Hot Wheels theme so I found some fun games to do with cars and thanks to Party City some really fun decorations. Joseph had originally requested a Mustang car cake and I was intimidated at the thought of having to put that together but he changed his mind to just having a red one with roads that crossed and cars on top and I was happy to oblige. When the boys arrived they played on the trampoline before we started our games. The first game we did was pin the car on the race track and all the boys made it on the track at about the same point, I guess they were all the same height. Then we moved on to a racing game I had found online using match box cars with those party blowers. The boys had so much fun blowing them across the kitchen and they looked so cute wiggling on their bellies. Our last activity was the Pinata which I was hoping it would take them a little while to break but they had it open in minutes and boy did they move fast to grab that candy once it was everywhere.
The Birthday Boy and Brad with the cake.
Highlights from the party. I know some of them are hard to see.

All ready to party!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dixie said...

That looks like such a fun party!!!! Great job on the cake, too! The games look so cute and fun!!! Great ideas, Lynsey!!!!

Diana said...

Levi had so much fun at the party! I am jealous of your cake and cup cake making skills!