Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


I had a wonderful Mother's Day. We started the day with a yummy waffle breakfast, a light lunch and then headed over to church. All the talks and lessons were just wonderful and just what I needed to hear. After church the boys made mom and I an absolutely wonderful dinner, it was strange to just sit and let them do all the cooking but well worth it. The boys hit a home run with the meal they prepared. Our first course was Salmon and grilled peas with an out of this world flavor, I could have filled up on that but knew there was more coming so I paced myself. Our main course was Elk steak that was also incredibly seasoned and so tender it would just melt in your mouth and potatoes made by Joseph that were also super yummy. The boys rounded out the meal with an Oreo ice cream cake with fudge Oreo's on top!! It was a prefect way to end the day and make mom and I feel so special. The boys did such a good job with this meal, that we may have them cook more then once a year. :) I hope all the mother's and grandmother's I know had a wonderful day.

Joseph helping Collin with the salad. He added the whole bag of Crasins!!

Mixing it up.

Our chef for the night. He did an incredible job!!

My mug from Joseph, I can't wait to use it.

Our appetizers were grilled Salmon with green peas. Ben had the best flavor on the fish!!

Our Server for the evening.

It is so fun to be waited on.

Working on the potatoes.

My awesome husband!! He sure knows how to spoil me.

Main course of tender Elk steak and potatoes.

Dessert! Oreo ice cream cake with fudge Oreo's on top.

4 comments:

Liz said...

What a fabulous time, happy mother's day!

Johanna Humphries said...

What a wonderful day it must have been. So glad you and your Mom were spoiled...you deserve it!

Celeste said...

Glad it was a wonderful day. Sounds yummy!

Nuts2U said...

Love those shots with CJ being instructed by Jr. Chef; CJ's face is great seeing all those Craisins! And Crazy Chef worries me ... what did he do to the delicious food he grilled??? Glad everyone had such a fun time together; thanks for all the great photos!