Sunday, February 12, 2012

Father's and Daughter's

"Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter."

The other night I had the privilege of attending and helping out at the Stake Father/Daughter activity and what a fun night it was.The theme was Me and My Pop Under the Big Top and it was such a big hit. We had carnival games, face painting, a photo booth and lots of yummy snacks.  It was so great getting to see the girls interacting and having so much fun with their dads ,but I will admit that half way through the night it broke a piece of my heart. For the first time in my life I really started to feel as if I have missed out on a truly wonderful and special relationship. The older I get the more I wish I had, had the chance to have similar opportunities with my own father.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Oh Lynsey, I bet that was hard for you. You did a fantastic job with it though.

Nuts2U said...
This comment has been removed by the author.