Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day Five Oregon: Newport, Light house, Oregon Aquarium and Bandon

So on Tuesday we had another long day of driving but we took our time and stopped to see some fun things along the way. Our first stop was the Lighthouse in Newport, OR and it was so old and cool. We were lucky to get there when we did because they closed it on the 4th of July. As we were leaving town we stopped at the Oregon Coast Aquarium and I am so glad we did since it is the best aquarium I have ever been to. They divide their exhibits up between inside and outside so you don't feel so crammed in and it flows more like a zoo. They have some really neat Starfish that you can touch and boy do they feel weird, some have really hard shells and others really soft. The also have this really HUGE Octopus and I bummed I wasn't able to get a decent picture of him. My favorite were the Sea Otters, they just crack me up! After the aquarium we didn't stop until Bandon and what a cool little beach town it was. I got a little nervous standing on the boardwalk though because there were Seagulls flying everywhere over my head. We spent the rest of the day and night driving until we finally stopped at a small town a few hours outside of San Francisco. The bummer of the day was that we got to the Giant Redwood tree that you could drive through just after it closed. :( Oh well I guess we will have to just go again.

Me at the lighthouse.

Newport Lighthouse

I took these for my mom since she loves lighthouses.

Spider crab. Ben put his hand up there so we could show how big these things are. They are creepy!

Jellyfish

Starfish tank.

SHARK!!

Getting closer to California

This bird tried to eat my crackers! So I took his picture.

Bandon, OR

California Coast!

0 comments: